Coupons.com

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Recipe Share: Corn Salad AND Tomato and Grilled Bread Salad


I thought I'd share a couple of recipes that I'm love with right now. Both are from Martha Stewart's website and are oh so yummy!

The first is Corn Salad, made with fresh corn (uncooked...trust me it's sooo good), white wine vinegar, green onions...it goes together very quickly and so surprisingly delicious. I've made this probably 6 times in the last month!


The other recipe is Tomato and Grilled Bread Salad. Fresh tomatoes, cucumber, grilled bread and red wine vinegar combine to make this yummy combo. My favorite part is when the bread soaks up just a little of the "sauce", but it's still crunchy and warm too - it's a little explosion of flavor and texture when you bite into it! Mmmm!

I've made the recipe twice now, both times I haven't had the fresh basil. The first time was good but I could tell something was missing without the basil (and cucumber, which I was also out of). I made it again last night with everything but the fresh basil, but I sprinkled some of the Pampered Chef Sun Dried Tomato Herb Mix* over the bread before it was grilled (and I dipped the bread in a plate of oil on each side, rather than brushing it because it's so much yummier that way lol) and I think it made the difference. Probably any similar seasoning would work also. I can't wait for my basil plants to get large enough for me to snip some leaves so I can try this recipe as it's written!

* I don't sell Pampered Chef...I'm just an admirer ;) but my friend Mallorie does, so the link will take you to her "site" where you can shop till you drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment