Coupons.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shopping Trip 5/12

Wooo Hoooooo we were able to get some wonderful deals at Target tonight. I'm updating the Target list for this week with all of the GREAT deals! My Dad and step Mom (Karen) are in town visiting for a few days so us girls shopped our tails off tonight while the guys watched the kids (thanks guys!!). We went to Walgreens first, the store was chock FULL of great clearance items at REAL clearance prices! We went a little nutty and bought a lot more than I'd usually get, but WOW they were cheap! My biggest thrill was the package of 3 stainless (or stainless-like) wire whisks for 75 cents! Yeah, I know, I probably need more of a life. haha. But I've been pining for wisks just like this for about 6 months now, so it was exciting for this frugal gal. ;)

Then we went to Target and we ran into a fellow couponer/blogger, Amy, from Amy Loves It. (LOVE her!) What a hoot it was! At one point there was actually six of us couponing gals, coupon binders in tow, all hunkered down in the snack aisle snatching up our .04 cent boxes of Nabisco 100 Calorie Snack Packs. LOL!

Here's a few of the highlights from my Target trip tonight, the how's and why's of each deal can be found in my Target list for this week:

8 Purcell Hand Sanitizers, travel size = FREE
9 Hersey's Bliss Candy Bars = FREE
6 Banana Boat Sunscreen travel size = FREE
1 Aleve travel size = FREE
1 Dove Travel size = FREE
8 Swiffer refills = FREE after rebate
3 boxes Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs = $.04 each
11 Pringles snack size cans = $.19 each
1 Colgate Kid's Toothpaste = $.19 each
3 boxes Quaker Granola Bars = $.34 each
1 Aquafresh Kid's Toothpaste = $.67 each
6 Kraft Dressing 16 oz = $.29 each
2 Kashi Frozen Waffles = $.79 each
4 Sobe's = $.50 each
and much more...those are just the best of the best. :)

I did 2 total transactions for everything I bought at Target. Transaction #1 was all of the swiffer's which netted 4 $5 gc's. The rest was on the 2nd transaction and I used all 4 gc's, that total came to a mere $26.64 - AND that included 2 gallons of our expensive Silk soy milk, a huge thing dog food and several other perishables that I had no coupon for. Needless to say, I was THRILLED!!

We ended our evening with a stop at Albertson's. I had a short list of things to pick up before the ad expired:
4 bags of frozen Bridgeford Parkerhouse rolls (26ct) = $0.50 each
5 Jumbo packs of Huggies Pullups = $4.99 each
6 Jars Peter Pan Peanut Butter = $1 each
2 pkgs of Turkey = $0.50 each after manager's discount coupon on pkg (was only on 2 pkgs)
4 Ronzoni Pasta = $1 each (wanted to try these out, so yay!)

Ok I'm off to bed, tomorrow I have to find more room for my latest additions to the stockpile...it's all still sitting on my kitchen counter. Hey, a girl has to have her priorities, stash the frozen/refrig stuff...then blog...THEN find a place for it all. ;)

BTW - the entire list of deals my not be updated for 24hrs for Target....a girl's gotta sleep ... oh yeah...and entertain guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment